[lbo-talk] Making beautiful stuff

snitsnat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Wed May 18 07:44:21 PDT 2005

At 10:03 AM 5/18/2005, Doug Henwood wrote:
>Cseniornyc at aol.com wrote:
>
>>but since you are in Soho, go the corner of Broadway and Prince to the
>>Prada Store
>
>I've been there. Also very very beautiful store and merch. Of course the
>pricetags are ridiculous, but I don't get why so many people can focus on
>that and not the sensual pleasures. This is a new take on the old maxim
>about knowing the price of everything and the value of nothing!

Because, those of us who do the production work know that none of that money is accruing to us, the people who actually make it. When you hear or read people focus on the money aspect, you're not giving anyone a chance to say anything else. It's automatically assumed that they are opposed to fashion, style, design, etc. And yet, the very people to whom you've made these accusations are, themselves, artists and craftsman. John T, for instance, is an artist/craftsman.

Kelley