[lbo-talk] Fwd: Food Not Bombs

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Wed May 18 13:23:27 PDT 2005

---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Date: May 18, 2005 2:17 PM Subject: Re: Food Not Bombs To: Michael Pugliese <michael.098762001 at gmail.com>

Sure, forward it, but please cut my name. I can be pretty cynical about the rad left too ... with good reason!

Michael Pugliese <michael.098762001 at gmail.com> wrote: Thx. Can I fwd. this to lbo-talk? I can be rather cynical about some sectors on the rad left.

On 5/18/05 Mr. X wrote:
> Michael,
>
> I read lbo's archives and your posts in particular
> because I always learn something of interest,
> particularly about the left.
>
> However, you are mistaken about SF Food Not Bombs not
> applying for permits. I was in SF FNB many years ago
> and permits were applied for something like 30 times.
> The permit to be applied for was a "special" permit to
> feed homeless people in parks - a permit that did not
> exist, and for which FNB was the only group serving
> food to the homeless in parks that was required to
> have. So it was a Catch 22. The city came up with
> story that the arrests were because FNB refused to
> apply for a permit *after* the whole pattern of
> arrests and so on had been established.
>
> Also, in my experience I never heard of anybody
> getting sick from the food. It could be gross, for
> sure. I don't know much about the current SF FNB but I
> have cooked on occassion with them and the food always
> seemed sanitary to me (I even ate some).
>
> Anyway, I could launch into a critique of FNB (it
> needs one) but its not accurate to say that they
> refuse to deal with the bourgeois state. Most of them
> are uncritical of capital and the state.
>
> Mr. X

-- Michael Pugliese, Damn where is that check from Foggy Bottom and/or Langley? Groan.