[lbo-talk] Galloway to Senate: FOAD

Seth Ackerman seth_ackerman at comcast.net
Wed May 18 18:20:39 PDT 2005

Michael Pugliese wrote:

> Galloway, right on the war, incredible orator, but, I suspect in
>the end we'll have confirmed he was in the receipt of Saddammist $

Then you haven't been following the Senate hearings very closely. They've got nothing. The whole thing was an embarrasment for Coleman. All they've got is that Galloway's friend and benefactor, a Jordanian businessman, might have received illegal oil money. But the guy was also a multi-millionaire who had openly done (legitimate) business in Iraq for years, and nobody ever tried to make a secret of that. They tried to pin Galloway with knowledge of the secret deals - all Coleman could say after the hearing is that he thinks it's "not credible" that Galloway didn't also know about the Jordanian's illicit transactions. Um, but why? Why would the guy tell his politician friend that he was breaking the law?

I suspect many Iraqis would sympathize with the guy who was trying to end the sanctions, not the creeps who were trying to keep them....

Seth