[lbo-talk] An Appeal to the U.S. Antiwar Movement

snitsnat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Wed May 18 21:57:26 PDT 2005

At 12:42 AM 5/19/2005, Chuck0 wrote:
>snitsnat wrote:
>
>>At 11:52 PM 5/18/2005, Chuck0 wrote:
>>
>>>Why is not am option for most workers? How about all of those workers
>>>who are fed up with their jobs and understand they can get another job
>>>if they get fired for organizing?
>
>>you're long-term unemployed? and you're asking this? Or, are you saying
>>you don't have to be long-term unemployed? it's your choice? i hadn't
>>gotten that impression (re: the latter).
>
>Let's just say that I've managed to get by using a variety of resources.

I meant the idea that workers can simply get another job, not to mention getting another job after they've been fired for organizing. Oh. Yeah.

The first thing I was taught was how to avoid getting in trouble by saying anything bad about a former employee. I was then promptly taught how to subtly convey that they sucked or were bad risks if someone called for a ref check. Never used the tactic, but it's SOP.

Also, if you think workers are going to give anyone the time of day if they have to listen to some harange about how fucking privileged they are, you're crazier than a 'runned over dawg."

"We live under the Confederacy. We're a podunk bunch of swaggering pious hicks."

--Bruce Sterling