[lbo-talk] Re:The material basis of Nazism

John Bizwas bizwas at lycos.com
Thu May 19 05:51:42 PDT 2005

MG writes:

>>The article is another demonstration of how fascism, because
> of its popular base and social policies, is a more complex phenomenon than the authoritarian or imperialist regimes which have have been labelled as such in anger - including, most recently, the Bush administration.)>>

I respond: Perhaps if I could detect even a single new argument about the Nazis and Nazism here, but I can't. Also, since the piece about the book you post here doesn't really discuss the current situation in the US, I have to argue that no, you can't say in any clear way that this is another demonstration of 'how fascism, because of its popular base and social policies, is a more complex phenomenon than the authoritarian or imperialist regimes which have been labelled as such....' blah blah blah blah. Nor do you do any justice (ever) Marvin to the many arguments that have been presented in forums such as this as to the actual complexity of the US national security state and its policies from 1945 til now, including its illegal war, invasion, occupation, destruction, and corrupt, populist-supported, totally undemocratic 'reconstruction' of Iraq. Since you are not about doing historical justice to either the Nazis or the US, why do you persist so in wasting your time? We might also add to the post-war period what Israel (with full US national security state support) has done in Palestine as unprecedented and largely unanalysed or understood in its full, awful, abominable complexity.

Fugazy

-- _______________________________________________ NEW! Lycos Dating Search. The only place to search multiple dating sites at once. http://datingsearch.lycos.com