[lbo-talk] Getting Fired for Not Making Trouble

snitsnat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Thu May 19 11:05:00 PDT 2005

or, you might actually demonstrate that you give a shit, by ORGANIZING -- in a way that works. You organize around the issue, creating support networks for whistleblowers and unionizers and the like. Instead of pretending that, somehow, people are freaks for being petrified that they won't be able to keep a roof over their head.

I'm friends with a woman who was at Notre Dame during the sixties. Instead of haranguing people, looking down their noses at them for military service, they helped people avoid the draft and formed support networks for the ones who went AWOL.

But, you two go right ahead and wag your fingers at everyone, telling them their fears are unwarranted. Chuck and DSR are examples of the fact that it ain't so easy to find a job, as are several other people on this list, at least according to the last snit poll.

It's stuff like this that makes me wonder why I bother identifying with the left. It's just outright hostility to workers by people who lack a klew X 4 about the life of anyone outside the cloistered lifestyle enclaves that litter the Leftosphere like pilodinal cysts on Rush Limbaugh's arse.

Kelley

p.s., stats from an economic downturn are unreliable. Dig a little deeper into the stats on why people lose their jobs.