[lbo-talk] Gorgeous George Galloway and "saddamist money"

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Thu May 19 19:12:13 PDT 2005

> The records of Poppy Bush's Zapata Petroleum had disappeared from the
> SEC when Jonathan Kwitny was looking into some fishy stuff for
> Barron's in 1992.
>
> Doug

Back in '88 when I was spending alot of spare time at the leftist Data Center in Oakland, a call came from James Ridgeway of the Village Voice to trawl through the volumnious clip files maintained by Zoya, the librarian there, on Zapata Petroleum. I found nada.

What about Kevin Phillips book? (Or aargh, the Tarpley and Chaikin one?) The copy at the DPL has been misfiled, still in their catalog, but not where it s/b in the stacks.

About Phillips book on the Bushes, Stanfield Turner's ex-wife (married to him when he DCI), my step-Dad who is related to her, and Mom who visited her recently outside Taos, NM, she according to my Mom quite enjoyed the book. About Stansfield she 'sez the D-I-V-O-R-C-E, as most are, was vicious.

-- Michael Pugliese