[lbo-talk] Galloway and Hitchens

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri May 20 07:59:25 PDT 2005

>From: "James Heartfield" <Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk>
>
>Dennis: "And I love how he handled Hitchens before the hearing. Poor Hitch,
>beaten up
>verbally by, in his words, a "real thug." "
>
>Though Hitchens' own write up was relatively generous to Galloway:
>
>http://www.mirror.co.uk/archive/archive/tm_objectid=15528737%26method=full%26siteid=94762-name_page.html

Yes, I confess I choked up over Hitchens' munificent magnanimity. CH was particularly moving in this comment: "... on spotting your own correspondent, Mr Galloway shouted that he was a 'drink- sodden ex-Trotskyist popinjay and useful idiot', some of which was unfair." Actually, while it may not be fair to categorize Hitchens as "useful," the rest of Galloway's description is accurate enough.

Carl