[lbo-talk] Debate

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri May 20 09:15:26 PDT 2005

> >I actually kick conservative ass when I can and
> they don't like it
> >one bit. They really hate uppity radicals who don't
> believe the myth
> >of their marginalization and powerlessness.
>
> They're way out of practice in debate - they're just
> not used to
> being challenged.

That's why they are on this rampage against the supposed liberal/Marxist domination of the universities (which is why I am a lawywer now) where students may take classes where teachers challenge or offend their deepest beliefes. The proposed David Horowitz legislation is all unconstitutional, but it's an indicate of how alarmed they are by debate and desirous of crushing any alternative voices taht they should go after midlr mannered or even firebrand profs who supposedly raise questions about student's reflexive Zionism. I wonder where it would be possioble to teach the problem of evil (a standard argument for atheism) under these new proposals.

PS has anyone seen the new USAPA proposals? Bill of Rights -- Void Where Prohibited By Law,a s a poster I used to have once said.

Yahoo! Mail Stay connected, organized, and protected. Take the tour: http://tour.mail.yahoo.com/mailtour.html