[lbo-talk] Re: Debate

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Fri May 20 12:55:18 PDT 2005

Dear List:

jks writes:

> That's why they are on this rampage
against the supposed liberal/Marxist domination of the universities (which is why I am a lawywer now) where students may take classes where teachers challenge or offend their deepest beliefes.

But isn't this how the whole society is going?

People want to live in a protective bubble -- both left and right. They don't want to be offended by displays of sexuality (no smut near churches or schools); no foul language on television or radio; no loud rap music from cars, etc., ec.

Today, Shrub says he doesn't want to live in a world with cloning or one where embryos are created just to harvest stem cells. Why should they type of world he wants (or anybody wants for that matter) be the standard against which worlds are measured?

The concept of pluralism has been lost. Everyone wants to be pampered and only see what reinforces their self-image. It is more than just not being able to rebut Marxist critique -- it is this extended adolescence where children are babies well into their 20's and Mommy and Daddy want to continue keeping their children free from adverse experience or any other whiff of adulthood.

I think there should be a law where all children once they are 18 have to leave home and not live there anymore under penalty of imprisonment. LOL.

I am only joking, but so long as there is the nipple to return to, there will be no progress in terms of revolution.

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister