[lbo-talk] The STFU left

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri May 20 20:13:58 PDT 2005

I am unclear about what blew his circuits. The idea that it was doubtful whether the execution of J. Rosenberg was morally justified regardless of whether he was guilty? He _was_ framed too, you know, that is one think that seems clear -- the FBI didn't want to blow the fcat that they'd cracked Verona. The Schneiers proved to my mind beyond any doubt that the case was a frameup, which doesn't alter the fact that Julius was guilty.

Incidentally the stuff he gave the Russians was worthless, unlike, say, Fuchs, who probably cut three years off the Russian nuclear effort,

Be that as it may, death for espionage with an _ally_, remember when JR spied for the Russiabs trhey were our friends and they were saving our ass, taking 25m dead to stp the Nazis, well, that's a problem even for people who believe in capital punishment for murderers.

Or maybe it was the idea that it was a good thing that the USSR got the bomb. Now I thought thatTom Lehrer answered that long ago:

First we got the bomb and that was good Cause we love peace and motherhood Then Russia got the bomb, but that's OK Cuase the balance of power's preserved that way. . . .

I do wish he'd get over arguing who was right in the Punic wars, Rome or Carthage, like who fucking cares anymore?

Anyway I hope he comes back too. I've quit in a snit myself a couple times.