[lbo-talk] The STFU left

jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 21 10:40:44 PDT 2005

On 21 May 2005 at 11:55, Lance Murdoch wrote:

> Snitch is a great example. Talk about trying to bring
> the masses to your side - you're not going to win over the people in
> this country, the majority of whom are of Irish (or German, according
> to the census) heritage, with some boozy Brit with an upper-class
> accent who writes books trashing Mother Teresa. Good riddance to him.

I thought the book "Missionary Position" was a hoot. Perhaps it couldn't be classified as a magnet to attract people to progressive causes but everything doesn't have to function in that capacity does it? Maybe the Catholic School alum in me was the reason I enjoyed it but it was good fun to see someone tarnish her halo. Good riddance to him anyway but not because of that book. Did I mention that I still have high levels of hostility towards many of the personalities in the Catholic Church?

John Thornton