[lbo-talk] Personal Attack / Ad Hominem Argument

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun May 22 11:32:31 PDT 2005

Chuck0 wrote:

>snitsnat wrote:
>
>>I don't see the anti-communism that you see in MP's posts. I
>>confess to not reading every post he sends to the list -- my eyes
>>tire quickly! But, last I knew, you didn't read them either. So,
>>maybe Charles can explain it for me.
>
>Pugleise's posts have gotten out of hand. I emailed Doug a few days
>asking him to put MP on moderation. I think that MP mailed out over
>7-8 posts on one day last week. I don't see anything of value in
>MP's posts these days. As far as I can tell they are generated by a
>troll program that combines random URLs with gossip about left
>groups that nobody cares about.

I'm away for the weekend, and haven't read email in about 30 hours.

Overposting is a no-no. I wish he'd format his posts more clearly, and I wish he'd think a bit about the fact that hundreds of people might have to decode his posts before hitting the send button, but I don't think Michael Pug qualifies as a troll. I get a kick about some of the left gossip.

Doug