[lbo-talk] Are Galloway's politics contemptible?

Lance Murdoch lancemurdoch at gmail.com
Sun May 22 21:23:18 PDT 2005

On 5/22/05, Dwayne Monroe <idoru345 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Luke:
>
>> Talk of Saddamite leftists is generally bullshit, but not in
>> Galloway's case. "Gorgeous George" actually praised Hussein's
>>"courage, strength and indefatigability."
>
> I've heard this before once or twice. Actually, just once, from Sen.
> Coleman (or was it his colleague?) during the recent drama.
>
> But I long to see a reference the way a stripper longs to kick off those
> damn heels after a long night.

Galloway was referring to the courage, strength and indefatigability of the Iraqi people, not Hussein.

It's pointless to even waste too much time defending him against the mud which of course some will try to heap on him. While the "moderate Democrats" supported the arming of Hussein, Galloway was protesting outside the Iraqi embassy in London - yet Galloway's strong protest of the invasion of Iraq now makes him a "Saddamite". Whatever. Where did you pick up that quote, the National Review?

Lance