[lbo-talk] North Americans' falsification of history( PUG)

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Mon May 23 07:19:16 PDT 2005

I'm a U.S. American. I went through the American school system in which we are taught the American version of history. In it there are such American falsifications of history as :

Columbus discovered America -as if there weren't already human beings here who discovered it first.

The human beings who were here were savages, without any rights to the land and resources which the invading Europeans had to respect.

Then there's a bunch of falsifications concerning the swiping of Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, California, Colorado from Mexico.

There's the falsification that the U.S. entered WWI to make the world safe for democracy. Wilson the liberal promulagated this falsification.

These and other falsifications of history preceded the existence of the Soviet Union.

Charles

> CB: Americans,liberal and otherwise, have been falsifying history since
> before the Soviet Union existed. Rosenberg himself is falsifying history
> here, continuing that American tradition.

Does this mean that William Lazonick is falsifying history in his analyses of 19th century British capitalism?

Does this mean that William Cronon is falsifying history in his book "Nature's Metropolis"?

Etc.

What's the non-trivial, non-falsifiable historical method from which you determine which Americans, liberal and otherwise, are falsifying history and how do you determine inadvertant omissions from deliberate deception?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Autoplectic autoplectic at gmail.com <mailto:lbo-talk%40lbo-talk.org?Subject=%5Blbo-talk%5D%20PUG&In-Reply-To=B00 29396764%40mail3.infoquesthosting.net> Sun May 22 16:46:09 PDT 2005

* Previous message: [lbo-talk] PUG <http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20050516/010550. html> * Next message: [lbo-talk] Expediency <http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20050516/010551. html> * Messages sorted by: [ date ] <http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20050516/date.ht ml#10554> [ thread ] <http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20050516/thread. html#10554> [ subject ] <http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20050516/subject .html#10554> [ author ] <http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20050516/author. html#10554> * Search LBO-Talk Archives

Sort by: Date Rank Author Subject Reverse Sort