[lbo-talk] Interest-only loans run amok :-)

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Mon May 23 09:04:29 PDT 2005

> How the fuck do they get away with 16% when fed funds
> rate is 3%?????

Supply and demand? :-)

Anyway, if you know someone who can pay Fed Funds, marry her. PRIME is double that, and that's just for banking's "best" customers (which as I'm sure you know is a label that doesn't apply to people who have credit cards, perhaps the bottom of the barrel in terms of credit risk).

"Average" is one of those funny things that doesn't make too much sense if the distribution isn't normal -- and I'm sure that credit card debt isn't normally distributed: you can bet that the people paying 21.99% are the ones with the highest balances.

> Can a black man get a job like that?

And I sure do love pizza! (non sequitur?)

/jordan