[lbo-talk] Doss needs to be spanked

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Mon May 23 21:32:43 PDT 2005

At 7:56 PM -0700 23/5/05, martin wrote:

>>In parting, if you want buy my daily posting rights
>>on the IBO, let's talk. :-0!
>>

>I'd love watching that market develop. <g> Share your negotiations
>with the rest of us.

Markets cannot operate in relation to any goods and services for which there is an unlimited supply, a near zero cost of production and a finite demand. The market price will tend towards zero.

This of course is the problem with markets as a mechanism for regulating distribution. The market system works in a climate of scarcity, but in the event that the technology of production creates the potential for abundance, the possibility for all to have as much as they want, then an artificial and unnatural scarcity must be created in order to prevent the market from collapsing.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas