[lbo-talk] Re: Moyers: Take Public Broadcasting Back

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue May 24 12:23:16 PDT 2005

Chuck Grimes wrote:

>Let's face it: Bill Moyers is a pleasant but addle-brained ex-Baptist
>preacher with no real grasp of how institutionally vicious this capitalist
>society is. Carl
>
>-------
>
>True. So how did he become such a threat that Senator Lott and the
>Bush administration pressured CPB to get rid of him?

Anything slightly to the left is treated as the equivalent of Bolshie. We watched O'Reilly last night after a bit of a hiatus - he was raving about the NYT as "the left-wing press." Later he had a segment on how the International Red Cross is part of an anti-American conspiracy. The Red fucking Cross. They're completely mad.

Doug