[lbo-talk] lbo-talk RSS feed?

Etienne tim_boetie at fastmail.fm
Tue May 24 12:46:48 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 15:05 -0400, Michael Pollak wrote:
> Just out of curiousity (as man who's never listened to a podcast), what does
> podcasting add when the shows are already archived in MP3 format a few days
> after broadcast? Wouldn't most people just download them from there for
> free?

The advantage of podcasting is that people don't have to keep checking the page for updates - you can just set your software to download a new podcast whenever one arrives. Of course, as Doug always sends an email when he puts up new radio shows, we all get notified of them anyway.

Incidentally, I've seen a reference to an easy podcasting system at http://www.shadydentist.com/wordpress/software/dircaster . Apparently, all you need to do is put one file in a directory on the server with your MP3s, and it will create a podcast feed from them automatically.

--

"Hence the impotent omnivalence of whatever

being. It is neither apathy nor

promiscuity nor resignation."

-- Giorgio Agamben Tim http://huh.34sp.com/