[lbo-talk] Re:oy! first stalin and hitler, now the sla...

frank scott frank at marin.cc.ca.us
Tue May 24 17:29:20 PDT 2005

>"...The SLA was the hapless crew of self-styled revolutionaries that made
>headlines, if little sense, in the mid '70s."

was there a particular trade or grad school which "styled" revolutionaries, so they wouldn't have to be "self-styled"?..

as i recall, this was the most common expression used at the time, by, um, self styled spokespeople for, um, "real" revolution...the sla was "self-styled", never having taken the training they all went through to become even less relevant...

"The group was foolish, pathologically self-important, arrogant for no reason, and terribly wrong  "

is this referring to the democratic party then, or now?

>"which is exactly what a lot of the East Bay's graying radicals told me last
>week. And the closer they once were to the SLA, the louder they said it."

that is so fucking funny it stands on its own...

fs