[lbo-talk] Re:A new turn in US military strategy in Iraq?

John Bizwas bizwas at lycos.com
Wed May 25 05:58:44 PDT 2005

1. I think a lot of the pieces cited so far are pure shit. Iraq isn't Vietnam in the sense that the US isn't propping up one half of an artificially divided country. It is itself attempting to split up a country it is supposed to totally occupy but can't administer.

2. The Resistance may not be as fragmented as Marvin says because there just seems to be far too much coordination in their efforts to attack US forces. The US goes on a rampage in one city, they open up on US forces in three others. That's what happened this week. It seems one big problem in discussing this topic is far too many simply accept the distorted terms of the discussion set by CentCom and the US Occupation. Such as, there is no united insurgency or that it is totally 'nihilistic' (so the US has every right to destroy these various terrorists and criminals who hurt innocent Iraqis). The biggest source of arbitrary violence and nihilistic administration of death in occupied Iraq is the Occupation. But the Occupation isn't going to say that, now is it?

3. We can't even be sure of the reality of the so-called suicide bombings. We simply don't know who is pulling these off. So little of them is ever actually documented. I suggest that a lot of them are carefully planted bombs and not really suicide drivers. In the case of planted bombs detonated by remote control, some of them could well be black-ops of the US or collaborationist militias (they go blow up some militant religious Shia and say, oh for sure, its those nasty Zarqawi people, or nasty Baathist holdouts, or nasty Sunni Islamists). I'm not saying I have proof of this, but I am saying I haven't seen any convincing evidence that the CentCom or mainstream media accounts really make any more sense. In fact, they make a lot less sense if you actually think what a Resistance group might want and need (that is, allies who are willing to coordinate attacks against US troops and collaborators). As for Zaraqawi, his existence seems about as solid as WMD in Iraq.

-- _______________________________________________ NEW! Lycos Dating Search. The only place to search multiple dating sites at once. http://datingsearch.lycos.com