[lbo-talk] Anti-C v. anti-c

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Wed May 25 07:17:17 PDT 2005

Did anybody ever say since enormous crimes have been committed by people calling themselves democrats that we should stop using the term "democrat" ? That was the point in the exchange with Nathan, not that nobody had ever criticized capitalist history.

Charles

autoplectic

I heard this stuff starting in the 4th grade in a public school in MD [although when I went there the number of Vietnamese killed might not have hit the million mark]. I was first exposed to the idea of evolution in the second grade in a catholic school [Woolly Mammoths *freaked me out*]. My HS books were loaded with stuff on the Robber Barons, carpetbaggers, the CR movement, feminism etc. For every Washington Irving there were teachers trying to teach kids as best they could given materials they had. No society is exempt from mythologizing itself and generating ethnocentricity. Perhaps you would like to start human history over again