[lbo-talk] Wooly Mammoths

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed May 25 11:02:19 PDT 2005

--- Autoplectic <autoplectic at gmail.com> wrote: I was first exposed to the idea of evolution in the second grade in a catholic school [Woolly Mammoths *freaked me out*].

--

Wooly Mammoths have got to be the coolest animals ever after the giant squid, Portugese Man o' War and that humungous pterodactyl whose name I can't remember (not pteranodon, the really big one).

A few years ago when I was working at a newspaper we sent an employee up to the Russian Far North to do a human-interest story. According to her, there are so many mammoths frozen under ice up there that the local languages have a word for "mammoth meat." She brought back a great photo of a mammoth almost totally submerged under ice -- just two huge tusks protruding from the ground. Too cool.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!