[lbo-talk] Interview with Robert Fisk in June _Progressive_

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Wed May 25 15:50:38 PDT 2005

On 5/25/05, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:Do you know how Hersh does his work? He talks mainly to people in the US national security establishment - i.e., disgruntled officials in Washington.

Finally, after months being on a waiting list , got the Hersh book on the war checked out. Great read. As David Remnick of The New Yorker 'sez, quoting a Rolling Stone piece on Hersh from the 70's, Hersh 'sez his sources, http://www.cjr.org/issues/2003/4/hersh-sherman.asp "I don't go around getting my stories from nice old Lefties or the Weathermen or the America-with-a-k boys," he told Rolling Stone in 1975. "I get them from good old-fashioned constitutionalists. I learned a long time ago that you can't go around making judgments on the basis of people's politics. The essential thing is: Do they have integrity or not?"

-- Michael Pugliese