[lbo-talk] New Sex drugs

Colin Brace cwb at lim.nl
Sat May 28 06:03:18 PDT 2005

Bill Bartlett wrote:

> At 10:02 PM -0700 24/5/05, joanna wrote:
>
>> but then I remembered how women are "frigid" and wondered whether
>> there might not be a connection between that condition and the
>> partners they have to deal with.
>

> That's right, blame the victim. ;-)

Here is a theory (?) for you: the female orgasm may be, in evolutionary terms, on the way out:

One possibility, Hrdy said, is that orgasm in women may have been an adaptive trait in our prehuman ancestors. "But we separated from our common primate ancestors about 7 million years ago," she said.

"Perhaps the reason orgasm is so erratic is that it's phasing out," Hrdy said. "Our descendants on the starships may well wonder what all the fuss was about."

(Sarah Blaffer Hrdy, emeritus professor of anthropology at UC Davis, quoted recently in the New York Times, "A critic takes on the logic of female orgasm", http://www.etaiwannews.com/Perspective/2005/05/19/1116467659.htm )

So, enjoy it while you can. ;)