[lbo-talk] Wanted: A New Model Zionism

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Mon May 30 17:46:11 PDT 2005

The so-called NMZ is more analogous to telling African-Americans to go back to Africa: telling a population to solve their problems by abandoning their homes and migrating somewhere else.

Personally I'd be delighted to have all the Israeli Jews come here. Obviously fantasizing is not going to make it happen.

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org]On Behalf Of Jim Devine Sent: Monday, May 30, 2005 11:49 AM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Wanted: A New Model Zionism

>The only downside to the new model Zionism that I can think of is
that votes for the Democratic Party more likely end up votes for neoliberalism than for social democracy.<

but the idea of international competition to attract people to one's country seems a neoliberal idea. JD