[lbo-talk] RE: How to end the war - Naomi Klein

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Mon May 30 22:14:05 PDT 2005

John Bizwas:

> Like CP, it's sickening when she writes things like:
>
>>> It doesn't mean blindly cheerleading for "the
> resistance." Because there isn't just one
> resistance in Iraq. Some elements of the armed
> resistance are targeting Iraqi civilians as they
> pray in Shia mosques - barbaric acts that serve
> the interests of the Bush administration by
> feeding the perception that the country is on the
> brink of civil war and therefore US forces must
> remain in Iraq.

I'd really like to know who the paymaster for *this* op was, and maybe more importantly, where *that* person gets *their* money. (and the person above (assuming vertical organization) them, as well.)

We got lotsa players... but no scorecard.

AP: Iraqi Bombers Claim They Were Deceived http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=798778

BAGHDAD, Iraq May 28, 2005 Wisam Younis' sole ambition in life, he said Friday, is to kill Americans. So he claimed surprise when he discovered his car bomb had killed eight Iraqis and wounded more than 80 outside a Baghdad restaurant.

Younis and brothers Badr and Yassin Shakir are charged with murder and face the death penalty in the May 23 attack.

"We did not know that the attack would target innocent people and we were deceived," said Younis, barefooted and with bruised and swollen hands. He said they were taken in by enthusiastic ideas and money, adding that an insurgent leader promised $1,500 for the bombing. <...>