[lbo-talk] Human Events On theTen Most Harmful Books of the 19th and 20th Centuries

Mycos mycos at shaw.ca
Tue May 31 23:36:43 PDT 2005

Jeffrey Fisher wrote:
> an admirable goal, however. it's pretty good company, leaving aside
> hitler -- who notably comes in behind _the communist manifesto_, which
> i'm sure has nothing to do with any conservative predisposition to
> prefer fascism to communism, or, perhaps worse, to confuse the two.
>
> dream big, i say.

Indeed.<g>

I notice that the Communist Manifesto has an aggregate score of 71, followed by Mein Kampf with a score of 41. This is hardly an overwhelming rebuke when you consider that the Kinsey Report comes in with a score of 37.

Actually, when I look through this thing more carefully, one comes to the opinion that Schlafly throws a lot more weight in these circles than her single vote would suggest.

--

Gary Williams