[lbo-talk] Chavez vs Halloween

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 00:46:12 PST 2005

"The Bitch" wrote:

"We need them, moments when we move out of the profane, into the sacred. To see, as Dennis saw with his son, the joy. Or, as I wrote, the blast it is to see looks on children's face."

Yeah, so basically, it's a fun thing to do.

I doubt any leftist seriously considers opposing Halloween because it's "Western cultural imperialism." And if they do, well, to hell with them. That's pathetic. As far as I'm aware, the tradition came to the US via impoverished Irish immigrants and indentured servants. Like rock 'n roll, it is a phenomenon of poor and working classes that became adopted by the mainstream. So, yeah, it's fun. Case closed.

-B.