[lbo-talk] Chavez vs Halloween

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 01:27:43 PST 2005

A lot of folks in the US could say what you said, but about our 4th of July.

A lot of holidays like this provide opportunities for "mischief." Oh well. Detroit has a tradition of "Devil's Night" on Oct. 30th, the night before Halloween, that sounds a little bit more like what you describe below. Even so, it's no argument that Halloween sucks, or should be opposed, or anything like that.

-B.

Wendy Lyon wrote:

"I dunno the history of Halloween in Ireland but it's a much more enjoyable holiday in America than it is here. Here it's mainly an excuse for young delinquents to scare the bejesus (or bejaysus, to give it its local pronunciation) out of everyone with illegal fireworks ... oh and burn the odd immigrant's shop down."