[lbo-talk] A Delphi worker on Delphi

Mark Bennett mab at straussandasher.com
Wed Nov 2 07:19:16 PST 2005

Doug Henwood

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

It's hard to imagine a Wal-Mart associate getting behind the struggle of $100,000/year autoworkers . . .

I keep hearing figures like this. Do line workers actually make that much money? I took a look at the UAW website, and the wage rates posted there indicate that under the present contract a line worker could earn about $65,000 in salary and bonuses. I'm sure the benefit package pushes the value of yearly compensation over $100k, but actual earnings aren't in that range, are they?