[lbo-talk] Chavez vs Halloween

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 08:46:10 PST 2005

I am aware of what Cthulhu looks like, thank you, although He is supposed to have wings.

I was thinking today that the Cthulhu Mythos is sorely misnamed. Cthulhu is a Great Old One, i.e., a really big alien. Big deal. He's a bit player. Azathoth, Yog-Sothoth and Shub-Nigurath are Elder Gods! They define existence! This is kind of like refering to the Greek myths as the Minotaur Mythos. If I were Azathoth, I would send a mindless signal out to one of the piping Elder Gods in my entourage with a law degree to sue the city of R'lyeh. Maybe Nyarlathotep is a lawyer in one of His 999 forms.

--- Michael Pugliese <michael.098762001 at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.emf.net/~estephen/cthulhu.gif
> I'd like to get a Octopus like that.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!