[lbo-talk] A hundred grand a year???

Dick Grippon abe.initio at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 14:16:35 PST 2005

At 03:35 PM 11/2/2005, Doug Henwood wrote:
>john taylor wrote:
>
>>What are you guys smoking? Skilled trades at max
>>seniority and overtime can't make that much in a year.
>> I topped out in production at $45,000 (with
>>overtime)! And I thought I was making it good!
>
>According to the BLS, the average weekly wage for a production worker in
>automobiles & light trucks was $1,305.32 in August, which works out to
>$65,000 a year. That included 6.2 hours of overtime.

what's the median?

otherwise john, a lot of them a smoking bubblicious. i don't know hwo made the comment, wasn't reading, just saw yours. and welcome to the list! nice to hear from someone who thinks 45k/year is good money for a freakin' change. i'm sure there are others out there, they just don't -shhhhhhhhh- talk about it. we're 'merkican, yanno? :o