[lbo-talk] ...And it taste awful tool!

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Nov 3 06:55:13 PST 2005

Leigh:

> "Our findings could explain why men universally seem to prefer feminine
women's faces.

WS: Sounds to me like a perfectly circular reasoning - "feminine" defined as "desirable" and 'desirable' is defined as 'feminine'.

> "In evolutionary terms, it makes sense for men to favour feminine fertile
women - those that
> did would have had more babies."

WS: Another example of teleological bullshit. What makes sense in "evolutionary terms" is the chance of survival not having more babies. Btw, where is the evidence that less attractive women have fewer babies than more attractive ones? Where did these morons get their PhDs - Catholic U? Wal-Mart?

> In a poll of 10,000 single men, 68 per cent preferred natural beauty to
women who were
> plastered in cosmetics

WS: Had these men been of Far Eastern origins, the opposite would have been true, I suppose.

Sounds like the British "science" in its best Piltdown-man tradition. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piltdown_Man

Wojtek (a graduate of a Catholic U)