[lbo-talk] young materialists

Travis Fast tfast at yorku.ca
Thu Nov 3 11:14:27 PST 2005

A while back I remember reading an old institutionalist (Commons/Veblen type) historian who made a passing observation about the conspicuous consumption of the upper class during the twenties. Apparently the hemmorage of decadent consumption was when some society lady (can't recall the name) bought a diamond tiara and matching necklace for her poodle.

Travis