[lbo-talk] US Ruling Class -- Where Do Their Wealth Come from?

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Thu Nov 3 18:39:31 PST 2005

> Carrol Cox wrote:
>
> >Decadence has a nice ring but it doesn't help understand
> >what is going on.
>
> Yes it does. I think the US ruling class has entered a decadent
> phase, characterized by an inability to think beyond the next
> quarter's profit report or the next election cycle. Seduced by tax
> cuts, it's allowed the Bush admin to ravage the national finances
> and threaten the pillars of empire. It may not be irreversible, but
> it's a problem, and I think it's a fine way to begin to think about
> what's going on now.
>
> Doug

Where do American members of the ruling class derive a majority of their wealth? From the US economy or the rest of the world?

Yoshie Furuhashi <http://montages.blogspot.com> <http://monthlyreview.org> <http://mrzine.org> * Mahmoud Ahmadinejad: <http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/07/mahmoud- ahmadinejads-face.html>; <http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/07/chvez- congratulates-ahmadinejad.html>; <http://montages.blogspot.com/ 2005/06/iranian-working-class-rejects.html>