[lbo-talk] US Ruling Class -- Where Do Their Wealth Come from?

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Thu Nov 3 19:15:30 PST 2005

> Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>
> >Where do American members of the ruling class derive a majority of
> >their wealth? From the US economy or the rest of the world?
>
> Mostly the US I'd say. Most corp profits are still domestic. But the
> trend is towards more internationalization, and there'd be few
> domestic profits if the rest of the world weren't kept in order.
>
> Doug

The other day, as I was looking for info on GM and Delphi, I noticed that, if nothing else, GM is way ahead of Toyota and other Japanese automakers in China. Was wondering if a significant segment of the US ruling class was giving up on their "home" market, at least more decisively than their counterparts in the other OECD nations.

Yoshie Furuhashi <http://montages.blogspot.com> <http://monthlyreview.org> <http://mrzine.org> * Mahmoud Ahmadinejad: <http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/07/mahmoud- ahmadinejads-face.html>; <http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/07/chvez- congratulates-ahmadinejad.html>; <http://montages.blogspot.com/ 2005/06/iranian-working-class-rejects.html>