[lbo-talk] the class geography of the NYC subway

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu Nov 3 21:43:19 PST 2005

* Fulton St.-Broadway/Nassau, Financial District, Manhattan, J, M, Z, 2, 3, 4, 5, A and C lines

This sweltering hub, a hodgepodge of three separate stations, is a confusing warren. Transferring lines can mean going up and down several staircases, making a U-turn or two, shuffling along sloping passageways and confronting a cluster of signs with route symbols and arrows pointing in different directions. Thousands of travelers zigzag toward their destinations.

I got lost in this station last year during the RNC. I don't get lost easily due to my spatial skills. The problem was a missing sign.

Chuck