[lbo-talk] Russian enclave to honour Lenin

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 4 00:57:49 PST 2005

Yakov Sverdlov? I have no idea.

Lenin was German and Jewish on one side of his family (his mom was a Lutheran) and Chuvash (that is, Turkic) and Kalmyk (that is, Tatar/Mongol) on the other. (Which is quite visible in his face). I dated a Chuvash girl for a while who liked to talk about this. Lenin was from an area right by Chuvashia. Oddly enough, when his grandfather (great-grandfather?) converted to Orthodoxy from Judaism he became a real anti-Semite, trying to outlaw aspects of Judaism and so on and so forth. Weird. Supposedly Lenin didn't know about his Jewish ancestry until he was a grown man.