[lbo-talk] Back to History (Back to sociobiology)

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Fri Nov 4 07:20:45 PST 2005

andie nachgeborenen

Then we can flush evolutionary theory down the drain. It's pretty much all just-so stories.

The objection you want to make to SB is not taht it's evolutioinary theory, or even that its evolutionary explkantion od psychology, but that (a) many of the purpoirted explanations are shoddy in concrete ways depending on the particularities -- Yoshie has the right general idea of how to go about attacking and SB explanation, despite her confusiuon about nature and nuture and other mistakes, such as focus on the historical period, and (what is really bugging you, I think) (b) that much SB is just to justify existing injustices.

^^^^

CB: Why do you refer to this as sociobiology and not biological anthropology ? There is a scientific discipline that existed before sb and is not shoddy compared to socalled sb , in general.

In fact, I suspect that sb popped up because they didn't like the fact that biological anthropolgy was finding things that undermined "justifications" of injustices.