[lbo-talk] ANSWER interferes with anti-Minuteman protest

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Nov 6 20:34:22 PST 2005

ravi wrote:

> Yes, probably to those who were part of "Seattle" and a few others
> who found it inspiring as a moment of temporary success. For the
> rest of the world there's nothing obvious about it. Of course, the
> real issue is not memories but actual gains. Such as in
> anti-colonial movements (Gandhi, Mandela), civil rights (King), etc.
> I guess this sort of sectarian in-fighting was an ingredient of
> those movements too, but I was hoping we would have learned by now.

Seattle had a big impact around the world! You have to be the first person I've ever run into who trivializes Seattle.

Seattle wasn't just Seattle, but a whole day of actions around the U.S. and the world. Seattle was also called "N30" and it followed "J18", the big global day of protests on June 18, 1999.

Of course, perhaps quantum reality has shifted and I'm living in a world where Seattle never happened. That would be a bummer end to my weekend!

Chuck