[lbo-talk] Why are the US-ers such assholes?

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Nov 7 08:35:20 PST 2005

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> That is perhaps because all right wingers are now having an orgy of France
> bashing. I am monitoring the readers opinions posted to BBC and
> Yahoo/Reuters news - virtually every comment posted by a US-ser is gloating
> about the French riots followed by real nasty comments about the French
> concluding that they got what they deserved because they did not support
> "us" in Iraq.
>
> My explanation is that scapegoat bashing is the only way US "patriots" can
> feel about their beloved nation-state nowadays, because there is nothing
> else that can "make them proud" - they beloved leader not only failed to
> implement their agenda but is cutting their benefits (medicare), his
> popularity seems to be plummeting, the economy is limping, "their" jobs are
> going overseas, "America" is a dirty word all around the globe, and EU seems
> to be doing far better, their problems notwithstanding.

Let the remaining Bushbots bash France. Their glorious leader has gone down in flames and their numbers are dwindling.

I really think we've finally turned a political corner in the post-9/11 political climate. Now everything that seemed possible before 9/11 is on the table. What do we do next? One thing that we have to avoid is superficial Bush-bashing. That's like shooting fish in a barrel at this point. Now is the time to take it to the Democrats and the ruling class.

Chuck