[lbo-talk] map

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 7 11:01:11 PST 2005

--- Bitch <info at pulpculture.org> wrote: <taken from your blog>

<<It has always pissed me off that men on e-mail lists want to know what I look like. But it’s not just men. Women are like that, too. What does it matter? Is what I say different because of what I look like? Does it help you respect me more? Less?>>

No. It does help humanize you (plural you) though. For the past five years I have interacted almost daily with people on this list, I find it quite normal that I should want to add the visual dimension to this. So I dont think it odd or problematic that I should want to see your faces. Actually, the contrary is true. It is actually quite strange that you would want to talk with someone whom you have never seen, met.

The wonderful film "Me and You and Everyone We Know" treats this very subject and more: http://www.meandyoumovie.com/

-Thomas

-Thomas

__________________________________ Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one click. http://farechase.yahoo.com