[lbo-talk] Why are the US-ers such assholes?

Mark Bennett mab at straussandasher.com
Mon Nov 7 13:47:08 PST 2005

Celi Ben

geez. I just glanced through the corresponding news.yahoo forum with the France stories, and it is really bad. When I looked, most of the threads seemed to concern preparations for an imminent domestic race riot, where many seem to think that muslims will be trying to lay roadside bombs and forcibly convert them, and how they are stocking up to prevent this, and a latino uprising is the second possibility they suspect. _________________________________________________________________

Yeah, it's amazing stuff. I waste an unconscionable amount of time on right-wing lists engaging these crazed creatures, and I'm here to tell you, there are a LOT of seriously disturbed - and armed - people in country. At first it's very difficult to take their wild claims seriously: I've read and heard hundreds of people allege that sharia will soon be the law of the land unless the most savage preventative action is taken - including the liberal use of nuclear weapons. They are deadly serious about this, and nothing will persuade them otherwise. The raw racism is remarkable. And the fear. And the ignorance.