[lbo-talk] Bitch How Tuesdays

info at pulpculture.org info at pulpculture.org
Tue Nov 8 05:45:53 PST 2005

You thought I was joking, didn'tcha? Well, I weren't.

Bitch How Tuesdays:

Welcome to the first installment of Bitch How-Tuesdays! Each week, you'll find a helpful How-to from your pal, The Bitch. Butt, since plug-ins (heh heh. She said 'butt' and 'plug-in' in the same sentence) are calling my name, this first installment will be a Bitch Classic. You didn't know I was old enough to have a Classic version out, did you?

By way of introduction, a few years back, there was an Internet har-har floating around called "Hunting Wild College Girls." During the course of the conversation, when this Internet har-har was circulated on list dominated by men, one of the guys said:

"Reminds me (true story) of the time a group of us were out partying with a client in Canada. A female Cisco SE from France won a plush stuffed animal as a door prize. She came back to the table proudly displaying her cuddly new friend and asked, "Would you like to pet my beaver?" Couldn't understand why the rest of us cracked up. grin"

Now, for this Bitch Classic, you get TWO Bitch How-Tos for the price of ONE!

So, how does a Bitch respond to that comment? With this: "Men are Dumb Sticks precisely because they think she didn't know what she was doing!" I'll even let you steal that line under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-NoDerivs License. Go ahead, steal the line and then practice with it. You, too, can be a Bitch overnight!

And, with that, I bring you the second How-To:

http://blog.pulpculture.org/2005/11/08/bitch-how-tuesdays-the-joy-of-dumb-sticks/

By way of a roundabout answer to Seay who made it clear it didn't read the first time, but alas, there are others who want to know, so....

You had the best parties: http://blog.pulpculture.org/2005/11/08/you-had-the-best-parties/

"The photo? It's a teaser. I'll let you ponder it for awhile, while I ponder Seay's response to my post and my response to Seay. I'm sure he was a little pissed that he felt I'd said his behavior was straight out of high school. I did say, however, that it was my "Bitch Reaction." If you're following along, you should know what that means by now. [wink]

<...>

I had the best parties because I had cool parents and we had a cool neighbor and an even cooler State building across the street. ... At the State office building, there was also a huge steel door around the back where I'd bang balls against the wall for hours at a time on Saturdays. Most of the time, no one was in the office. Every once in awhile, though, someone would come to the window to look out and watch me working out whatever teen frustrations I had on that flourescent yellow ball and the steel door.

I always wondered why those men never yelled at me. You'd think they'd be really annoyed with the incessant whack of a ball against the steel door. Especially when they'd come in to work on a Saturday. But, there was nary a peep.

Twenty years later, I get it."

(Now I'm starting to see why MB thinks I write like Alice Munro. Sigh. Too bad there ain't money in it! :)

I thought this was disgusting. An academic telling everyone how proud she was that she googles job candidates. Bleeeeeeeeeegh.

http://blog.pulpculture.org/2005/11/08/recycling-the-system-and-proud/

It's not just a job, it's an adventure (50 years, a teaching career, and.......... Iraq)

http://blog.pulpculture.org/2005/11/08/not-job-adventure/

The Bitch | Lab

Bitchier. Raunchier. Wonkette with 'tude -- for the feminist left http://blog.pulpculture.org http://www.pulpculture.org