[lbo-talk] Why are the US-ers such assholes?

N P Childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 8 19:24:44 PST 2005

>>Years ago I spent about three weeks arguing with some dip who
>>called himself 'Duke Nukem' about politics, loads of laughs. He
>>trotted out the usual right wing, own guns and 'live free or die'
>>shit even while he admitted that, yes, he lived rent free in his
>>parents basement, but if he CHOSE to he could have the 8000 square
>>foot house and the pneumatic blonde that came with it. This was
>>just what we was doing for now, that and working PT at Blockbuster.
>>He's probably over posted there now telling the French how to deal
>>with millions of pissed off people fed up with a racist society.
>
>I was just at one of the periodic economic updates at the Council on
>Foreign Relations, starring Mickey Levy (cheerleading right-winger
>from Bank of America), Peter Hooper (self-i.d.'d "gradualist" from
>Deutsche Bank), and Steven Roach (gloomster from Morgan Stanley).
>The consensus was that it's hoped that the riots don't deter
>European politicians from their "resolve" to cut back the welfare
>state and liberalize the labor market.

And it probably won't. Dog knows it worked for Margaret Thatcher with coal miners and Ireland; make the stroppy underclass look like a bunch of dangerous ingrates and you can justify whacking them with the social/fiscal and the martial hammers.

PC

N Paul Childs 5967-157 Avenue Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5Y 2P3

e-fax 413-683-9725 _______________________________________________________ 'Gee thanks, your validation means oh, so much to me'.

-Art 'Bones' MacDesalavo