[lbo-talk] Gropenator brought to his knees

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Nov 9 09:57:17 PST 2005

It looks more like a Pyrrhic victory to me. It may be a kick in the Gropenator's balls, allright, but it was like dumping a baby with the bath water. Some of defeated measures seemed to have merits- anti-gerrymandering and to regulation of prescription drugs, no? Also, the anti-union and anti-abortion measures almost passed - whereas the anti-gerrymandering and prescription measures were soundly defeated.

So I see little reason for optimism - conservative outlook still prevails, people got merely pissed off with Bush's monumental blunders.

Wojtek