[lbo-talk] Gropenator brought to his knees

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 10:32:26 PST 2005

On Wednesday, November 09, 2005 9:57 AM [PDT], Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu> wrote:

> Some of defeated measures seemed to have merits-
> anti-gerrymandering and to regulation of prescription drugs, no?
> Also, the anti-union and anti-abortion measures almost passed -
> whereas the anti-gerrymandering and prescription measures were
> soundly defeated.

Anti-jerrymandering laws are NOT something that I'd care to let an unsophisticated obstructionist-by-populism hack like Arnold Schartzenegger legislate on.

The last round of re-districting around here put part of Santa Cruz in San Mateo.

Guess which way the politcal philosophy of North Santa Cruz county went, at the legislative end? Right... Right? the folks at that end of the county had their opinions unrepresented for a period of time. I suspect an important period of time for certain isssue due to be voted on, urban Development issues I believe, but I wasn't following the legislative intrigue.

As far as Pharma...

Pharmaceutical Company Contributions to Governor Schwarzenegger:

AMGEN -- $21200.00 BAXTER -- $21200.00 GLAXOSMITHKLINE -- $21200.00 ... http://www.arnoldwatch.org/press_releases/press_releases_000478.php3

More >> http://www.google.com/search?q=schwarzenegger+and+pharmaceuticals

Just say no to corrupt apolitical/asocial hacks.

Leigh www.leighm.net

Have you seen my newsfeeds?: http://leighmdotnet.blogspot.com/ Got RSS?: http://www.furl.net/members/leighm/rss.xml