[lbo-talk] Doug Ireland on Poland

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 11 08:16:13 PST 2005

--- Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu> wrote:

> and it ain't pretty. One interesting aspect of it
> is that what we witnessed
> in France is a tip of an iceberg - a third or so of
> Poland's (an Eastern
> Europe's) native population is essentially in the
> same position of
> structural redundancy as African immigrants in
> France.

As you know the Polish government likes to engage in anti-Russian rhetoric a great deal (maybe my perception is exaggerated due to my situation). I remember at one point Putin said something to the effect that "maybe they should spend their time addressing their own problems, they've got a 20% unemployment rate over there."

Nu, zayats, pogodi!

__________________________________ Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one click. http://farechase.yahoo.com