[lbo-talk] further evidence of general decline

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Nov 11 13:10:53 PST 2005

New York Post [Page Six] - November 11, 2005

NOSE FOR QUALITY

ROD Stewart says he doesn't do cocaine anymore because it's just not as pure as it used to be. The rooster-coiffed crooner, 60, longs for the days when dealers didn't mix the drug to maximize profits. "I don't know why anyone would want to take coke now," Stewart tells contactmusic.com. "It was different in my day, because it was all so much purer. Now these dealers mix it with salt, washing powders, anything they can get their hands on. Kids just don't know what they're taking."